The Studio's second publication examines facade retrofits, double skins, cable net walls, textile studies, field mechanization, buy american requirements, component optimization design, sealed cavity walls, blast performance of structural glazing, cassette wall systems, phantom modeling in BIM, and case studies.
Print edition available upon request: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chapter 1 | Facade Retrofits: The Dilemma of Highly Glazed High-Rise Facades
- The infrastructure and energy problem of aging mid-20th century buildings.
- Chapter 2 | Seeing Double
- Mechanics, applications and trends of double skin facades.
- Chapter 3 | Sustainable Facade in Tension
- A vertical cable wall case study.
- Chapter 4 | Potential in Textiles: Space, Surface and Structure of Crochet
- A study of building form through textiles.
- Chapter 5 | Field Mechanization for Cladding Installation
- Field installation techniques and strategies.
- Chapter 6 | Project Spotlight: Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
- Case study of the 2011 RIBA International Award winning project.
- Chapter 7 | Buy American Requirements in a Globalized Economy
- Communicating Simplifying Buy American statutes in a post-recession market.
- Chapter 8 | Optimization in Component Design
- Structural optimization techniques for curtainwall products.
- Chapter 9 | Sealed Cavity Walls
- Managing the fluid dynamics, heat-transfer and water vapor of a building facade.
- Chapter 10 | Blast Performance of Structural Glazing
- Analysis methods for architectural blast design.
- Chapter 11 | Cassette Wall System
- A study of modular façade systems and solutions.
- Chapter 12 | Phantom Modeling in BIM
- The interoperability of 3D models shared by an entire project team.